Posted May 23, 2012
We got some valuable information from our partners, Therapy Partners and Rehabilitex, and we wanted to share it with you!
The Healthy Living Formula
|Healthy living involves discipline and a strategic approach towards exercise and nutrition. It requires small, consistent changes every day to increase your metabolism and fuel your body with the right types of nutrients.
Here are some simple ideas to help you live a healthier life:
- Take frequent breaks when sitting for long periods of time. Avoid staying in one position in front
- of your computer or television.
- Change positions at frequent intervals so you’re not sedentary all day.
- Get on your feet and move an hour or two a day to decrease cholesterol levels and reduce blood pressure. Moving around gets your blood flowing and your body working.
- When you’re on the phone, try to walk around while you’re talking.
- Park further away from your destination so that you will be required to walk a little bit more than usual.
- Get a good night’s sleep (at least 7 hours). Your body relies on rest to rejuvenate and heal itself.
- Eat only when you truly feel hungry or consume small portions every 2-3 hours instead of 3 large meals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Cut down on smoking and drinking.
- Relax with a regular routine of yoga and meditation.